Saturday 8 May 2010

Close your eyes, give me your hand



Darlin', do you feel my heart beating? Eternal Flame - Bangles no.1 classic.

Following the sad departure of my armlets (some lucky suspect in Zara swiped them from under my nose whilst I was busy sampling a sequin embellished biker jacket i'd found on SALE,) bangles are now my armour of choice. The more the merrier. It seems I can't get enough of the suckers. As my friend mentioned the other night whilst we dined in temperatures equivalent to dining al fresco in the middle of November, I looked like I had a bionc arm that could do some serious damage. Fashion with self defense benefits. Sweet.
Word of warning, not suitable for libraries, offices, quiet sections on the train or any other locations where noise is monitored. Tucking into a bag of Snack a Jacks on the train home from work one eve, I was subject to a fair few dirty looks. This was understandable considering there are approximately 20 rice cakes to a bag, so at least 40 journeys of the hand to and from bag to mouth. That's a lot of bangle jingle jangling. In the end, even I got sick of the racket, so took them off. But some grumpy so and so's are never satisfied and the dirty looks continued due to the crunching of my salt and vinegar afternoon tea. The removal of noisy bangles I can handle, but I refuse to resort to sucking rice cakes to avoid noise pollution. Needless to say, ol' misery guts was left to grin and bear the crunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kiyomi Style

Kiyomi Style
from the girl with flowers in her hair

Followers