Monday 17 May 2010

The big easy

Im sure I've mentioned this before, but I have a thing about contrasting shapes and the balancing out of volumes. By rule of thumb, a voluminous upper body, eg batwing baggy top or oversized tshirt, should be worn with a skinny bottom half ie. leggings, body con skirt and opaques, skinny trousers. Likewise, if the bottom is a maxi skirt, hareem pants, voluminous a- line mini, the top should be tight and snug. It's all about the balancing act.

Took the easy option and wore leggings with a huge floral top. And I mean huge. It's the easiest throw on piece, and requires no thought. It also has the perk of hiding everything and anything, particularly if you're having a 'fat' day. I could have smuggled 6 loaves of bread out of a bakery under that top - if I had wanted to. Negatives: if the wind blows, you run the risk of having a profile similar to humpty dumpty, but I hear he's making a come back in the style icon stakes ;-). Hair in a messy top knot, and the standard dousing of accessories. Done.

I also made the discovery of the pair of spandex shiny leggings at the back of my wardrobe this morning - the kind Sandy wore in the final scene of Grease when she became 'cool.' They scream touch me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kiyomi Style

Kiyomi Style
from the girl with flowers in her hair

Followers