Tuesday 25 May 2010

I can dream of ways to see you, I can close my eyes to dream


Summer dressing is tricky - if I think the key to cool is layering, and summer requires the less is more mentality, hiding beneath a multitude of layers is not an option. Instead, every summer I return to my fool proof collection of floral dresses. I've had the same summer wardrobe for the last four years. Floral dresses, cowboy boots/nude chunky sandals, cardigans and satchels. This summer im thinking of trying the maxi dress/skirt thing.
The floral dress pictured has been completely reworked, without any sewing or cutting. Initially a knee length dress with crew neckline and elasticated waist, the use of some safety pins and a Mimi Holiday bra, it was turned into a baby doll empire line dress; with plunging neckline and fish tail hem (ie. short front, longer back.) Criss cross back detailing gives the dress added quirk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kiyomi Style

Kiyomi Style
from the girl with flowers in her hair

Followers