Saturday 12 June 2010

Asylum


My sister can either read my mind, or has an impressive sister intuition. Walking to the train station together this morning, she commented that she liked my 'Edward Scissor Hand' shoes. It wouldn't have been weird, had I not started writing the below post the day before....
These have to be my favourite boots I own. Like a straight jacket for the foot, these shoe boots can make any boring outfit look interesting. When I bought them, they completely struck me as something that Edward Scissor Hands would fashion, the only thing missing is the addition of a few blades.
The bondage factor has a tendancy to attract unwanted attention from builders/white van drivers, but aside from that, they are perfect. I would love to wear them with bare legs, but due to the mid calf cut, this should only be attempted by twig like limbs - imagine the cast of the Nightmare Before Xmas.
That's another Tim Burton creation. and I mentioned his wife in my first ever post.  Perhaps he is my unlikely style inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kiyomi Style

Kiyomi Style
from the girl with flowers in her hair

Followers