Friday 23 April 2010

oh reckless abandon, like no ones watching you

It has been an age since my last post, with easter, mothers day, cutting the umblical chord on my Maverick Publicity fashion pr role and winter turning to spring taking place. Finding time to post has been impossible. This makes me sad. Unlike being given my daily itsu frozen yoghurt on the house....Sometimes it pays to have a predictable lunchtime routine.

I had no idea there were so many cherry blossom trees near my parents' home. With the arrival of spring a) I can now legitimately wear peep toe boots without being interrogated by strangers if my toes are numb, b) notice cherry blossom trees seem to have popped up everywhere bringing the beauty of japanese spring time to the suburbs of the outskirts of London. I am totally envious of my friend who has just jetted off for a fortnight in Tokyo. We were discussing the delights of Japanese cuisine....oddly enough sushi didnt get a look in, instead, how you can get sweet potato in every shape and form, ranging from cakes and crisps, to flavoured kitkats and freshly baked as a snack from the 99 yen store. My adoration for sweet potato is part of the reason why I believe Japan is where I belong ;)

Cherry blossoms

As a leaving present from my fashion pr job, I was given an All Saints gift card - my love for the brand is clearly no secret. The present was just a prime example of how attention to detail can transform something from ordinary to extraordinary. The gift card came in a material covered hard back holder with the All Saints logo and personal message inside, so I can now use it to carry around my oyster card. It's almost a present in itself! Saying goodbye to the office where I have worked for the last three and a half years, was slightly daunting, but sometimes you have to put yourself out there to get anywhere. Here's hoping.
My biggest worry is finding a new frozen yoghurt supplier. I wish there was an Itsu on every street corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kiyomi Style

Kiyomi Style
from the girl with flowers in her hair

Followers