Friday 12 February 2010

Artificial Intelligence

Had a creative outburst and remembered how much I used to love making all my birthday cards. With all my materials currently held hostage in storage, I hunted down some hand made fine gauaze, glitter, skeleton leaves, and refreshed my memory on the Japanese art of folding paper. Just as the flowers have become the signature feature in my hair, origami birds used to be a signature feature on the cards I made.

The afternoon saw an old favourite tartan oversize blanket scarf and hooded jersey pea coat that makes me look like little navy riding hood keep me warm. Went searching for a birthday present in Spitalfields and came across the most beautiful flower stall, adorned with aged antique pink and vintage ivory roses, it looked like a scene misplaced from a fairytale.

In between frozen yoghurts and discovering I was a day late for the antique market I had wanted to visit to find some vintage chopsticks (turns out they are harder to find than you think) I picked up a pair of intelligent glasses. I know I am a few seasons late in jumping on this bandwagon, but to be honest, I hate wearing anything in the height of its popularity. I prefer to wear something either before it has become main stream, or much later on when the hype has died down. That way you run a lesser risk of bumping into someone wearing the same thing as you! Anyway, back to the glasses , its funny how fashion has the inexplicable knack to reinvent. How an industry could take an item once the source of playground ridicule and turn it into a must have accessory (albeit a couple of seasons ago) worn by men and women alike never ceases to astonish me. Bring on the four eyed boffin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kiyomi Style

Kiyomi Style
from the girl with flowers in her hair

Followers