Tuesday 9 February 2010

All that glitters

Three of my favourite clutch bags, all for their own little reasons.

The vintage diamante clutch has immense sentimental value. My mother gave it to me on my 25th birthday whilst in Japan packing up my grandfather's house following his passing away. It was a very sad time and not the reason we had hoped to return to Japan after ten years. Whilst packing everything away we found the bag (untouched, still with the original tissue paper inside) that my grandparents had bought for her when she had been about my age - authentic vintage at its stunning best. But with so much sentimental value I am terrified of losing it, so it doesnt get a chance to make many guest appearances.

A 'favourite of mine but probably shouldn't be because it's not mine' is the oversized jewelled clutch. I bought it as a Christmas present for my sister a few years ago and then adopted it as my own. The leather is butter soft, but has had so many outings its managed to collect some unfortunate coffee, wine and biro stains - such is the price you pay for being a favourite (that you're not too scared to use!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kiyomi Style

Kiyomi Style
from the girl with flowers in her hair

Followers