Sunday 8 August 2010

Catching dreams

Went to a beautiful bar where the walls were covered in huge vintage mirrors and the lights hanging from ceiling were adorned with feathers. Theres something about feathrs that add a dreamlike element to anything and everything. Headdresses, jewellery, clothing, accessories. I always think feathers evoke feelings of freedom, perhaps its the link to birds in flight and the sky. I dont know. Possibly one of the best souvenirs I ever bought were the dream catchers I bought from a market stall in Barcelona 4 or 5 years ago. Rather than hanging them above my bed, I pin them to clothing to add that native americana influence I so often speak of. They're also a good talking point. A Boots pharmasist once asked if I was from The Never Ending Story (?!) The only problem is trying to keep feathers pristine. Im going to have to invest in some more as the ones I curently have seem to be falling apart. I still have yet to wear a feathered headdress a la Erin Wasson, but the summer is far from over, there are plenty more dressing up oppertunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kiyomi Style

Kiyomi Style
from the girl with flowers in her hair

Followers