Thursday 5 August 2010

One of you has to fall


Stig (of the dump), street urchin, gypsy child, and Medusa. All nicknames I've adopted over the years borne out of bed hair, frayed hemlines, grubby make up hands and tendancy to wear bare feet outside. I would love to have inherited Medusa for my ability to turn men to stone, but alas it originated in the playground, when my 8yo frizzy hair had yet to discover GHDs and greek mythology was clearly current curriculum material. Snakes/frizzy hair....
Obviously there is a time and place to be the polar opposite to the glossy Gossip Girl type. I used to temp in the city, and being a newbie to the office environment, went to my recruitment agency interview wearing my idea of city attire..Although my cv was up to scratch, the agency from then on would always warn me prior to any office work they secured, 'please dress boring, and big hair is not allowed emma.' Four years after no contact I called up for some last minute work and to see if they remembered me. 'Oh yes, the trendy (bless that word) dancer who hated wearing a suit.' Thank god I didnt end up in banking where my parents wanted me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kiyomi Style

Kiyomi Style
from the girl with flowers in her hair

Followers