Saturday 14 May 2011

Side step into the shade

I'm not a big fan of sunglasses. On other people yes. On me, not so much. Having always been of the school of thought that I am NOT a hat person, I also dont really think I'm a 'sunglasses' person either. The inability to ever really be able to see what you look like in a pair of shades, (the tinted lens will always distort your reflection in the mirror, and to peak over the lens defeats the object of trying to see what they look like on) frustrates me. Maybe that doesn't make sense. I guess you could overcome the dilemma by taking a photo, but those have only ever certified my belief that on me, sunglasses just dont work.
However, the same way that my affection for hats grew over the last year, im determined to find a pair that suit. Sunglasses offer the option of hiding a multitude of sins the morning-after-the-night-before, for which YSL's Touche Eclat would never cut the mustard. They can also rev up an outfit and take a plain 'so so' look to 'bite me.' And who better to demonstrate this than the Olsens, queens of the super-sized saucer shades. They make me want to BE a sunglasses person.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Kiyomi Style

Kiyomi Style
from the girl with flowers in her hair

Followers