Friday 1 January 2010

I've got love for you, if you were born in the '80s


5, 4, 3, 2, 1

And so we enter a new decade. It was the perfect start when literally on the stroke of midnight it started to snow. Most people were too busy attempting to link arms and sing Auld Lang Syne - I discovered I still don't know the lyrics. Equipped with my long lost polaroid camera (left at a friend's house 8 months ago following a cowboys and indians party,) it was the ideal accessory for some retro 80s snap shots.


The sailor's hat didn't make an appearance. Last minute change of plans meant if i'd had more time I probably would have worked some magic with a cocktail dress and shoulder pads. Instead I stayed with the monochrome and went for a fusion of Madonna circa 'Like a Virgin' and Winona Ryder in ultimate bitch fest Heathers. Body con skirt, red lipstick, batwing tee, lace cut off gloves and pearl necklaces, finished off with a pair of wayfarers and leopard print bangles.



After a lot of champagne, home made punch and the Flash Dance soundtrack, it was time to head home. Tubes were running all night, and we managed to source a 24 hour Wasabi for 6am sushi. Good times. As much as I love my new boots, after 11 hours standing/stumbling they had to come off, somewhere between Victoria and West Ken, hence the addition of a little glass to my foot. Sad times. But I was too high on life (aka tipsy) to care!


Happy New Year everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kiyomi Style

Kiyomi Style
from the girl with flowers in her hair

Followers