Sunday 10 January 2010

Played you like a toy - sometimes I wish I could act like a boy

Have spent sunday afternoon watching the snow fall and doing little else apart from tasting the rainbow and picking at Skittles and a temporary watch swap. Unfortunatley Patrick got the raw end of the deal having to wear my metal ten pound bargain, whilst I gave birth to a newly found obsession with his Panerai diving watch...

Ive always preferred men's accessory departments, H&M, All Saints and Diesel in particular. They make their sunglasses, jewellery and hats that little bit bigger (ideal for encompassing my excessive mane) or simpler which are definitely more suited to my style. There's something quietly sexy about a girl wearing boy toys. Take for example the Panerai, I adore how the chunky face and tough oversize black strap highlight and accentuate the daintiness and fragility of a girl's wrist. The contrasting elements complete a fierce look that can either be played up with other androgynous pieces or dressed down with a girly floral number.

After visiting the Chanel head offices whilst in Paris I fell in love with the white ceramic J12 but this love has now been replaced by my quest to find a watch as cool as the Panerai at a fraction of the £3k plus price tag... suggestions on a postcard more than welcome ;)

So far Fossil and Aldo seem to be coming up with the goods and im currently trying to decide between the three below to add to my wishlist.

However I have a sneaky suspiscion that with the Aldo watches priced at £25.00, one of the latter two will most likely make the cut.



2 comments:

  1. The first Aldo is really cool where did you see it ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. in the Aldo store.. after a lot of huffing and puffing from the assistants after being caught taking photos of product ;) My favourite also.

    ReplyDelete

Kiyomi Style

Kiyomi Style
from the girl with flowers in her hair

Followers